St. Ursula School is a religious school where the chapel is an important place. The children learn how to develop one´s faith and how to act socially. Mr. Rasche and Mr. Lauer are the pastors at our school. They are very friendly. Not only the pastors but also the children can prepare the church services with modern role plays, intercessions or short texts that make you think. Every month and on bank holidays, the children come together in the chapel to sing songs, to pray and to think about their life. In the chapel were not only church services but also concerts or events, which are now in the assembly hall. For example the school choir and the big band organized a cool winter concert with food, music and drinks last year. After the demolition of the old chapel, the new one was built in the year 1966. The old chapel was built in the years 1903-1904. The glass artist Johannes Beeck , who was a favorite of Paul Johannbroer, not only created the windows for the new chapel, but also designed the choir wall design. Paul Johannbroer, an architect from Wiesbaden, also designed our school and the chapel. Erika Vonhoff was the sculptor from Aachen. She created the mural of the rose behind the altar and the two doors which lead in the chapel. This building is precious and a special place of our school.
Alicia, Klasse 9d